- Be sure to use a snap ring plier when removing the snap ring from the master cylinder. Attempting to extract the snap ring with anything else often leads to damaging the snap ring groove and surrounding geometry.
- Once the master cylinder has been completely disassembled, be sure to clean the entire master cylinder before reassembly. When cleaning the master cylinder, only use brake fluid.
- Check the master piston and cylinder bore for abnormal scratches. If deep scratches are present, the piston and cylinder should be replaced. Also, reference your service manual for any applicable inspection measurements that should be taken.
- Upon reassembly, be sure to apply new brake fluid to the master piston and master cylinder bore.
- When installing the boot, be sure that it fully seats.