Brian Deegan Takes Gold in Rallycross at X Games 17

Metal Mulisha Founder, Brian Deegan, Wins at X Games 17 - News Release

August 2, 2011 - LOS ANGELES - Metal Mulisha founder Brian "The General" Deegan took Gold in the X Games 17 RallyCross competition on Sunday, bringing his total X Games medal count to 13 and continuing his streak of competing in every X Games since the competition's inception.

Brian won his qualifying heat in Sunday's RallyCross competition in his Metal Mulisha Rockstar Energy Drink Ford Fiesta, setting him up for the finals. Despite mechanical problems during the practice run, Brian's qualifying time put him into great position to later take the top spot on the podium.

At the start of the RallyCross race, Brian got an early lead by taking the inside line moving into the first corner when teammate Tanner Foust and Liam Doran collided. Brian moved in tight inside to take the lead, which he held onto for the entire race, clocking an official time of 5:02.585 and topping the best drivers in the world.

"Locking in the Gold was a great way to end X Games 17. I thought about last year's second place finish all year, my goal was to come in and win this year. This is a big win for me and for the FORD racing, Rockstar and Metal Mulisha team," said Brian.

In Saturday's Rally event Brian experienced mechanical difficulties with a broken gear box, giving him just one qualifying lap before heading back to the pits. Brian got a great start off the line and was going into the first few turns with speed when issues with the car forced him to a stop right before the dirt jump, knocking him out of the event.

While competing in Moto X Step Up on Thursday Brian also became the first rider in X Games history to clear 35 feet with a jump of 35 feet 6 inches. Brian ended up tying for third with this personal best height this year.

About Brian Deegan
Motocross legend, founder of Metal Mulisha and 2010 Lucas Oil Driver of the Year, "The General" Brian Deegan is one of the most decorated action sport athletes to-date. Brian is the only rider to compete in at least one event each year since the X Games' inception. Brian continues to test the limits in FMX, Pro 2 and Pro Lite Short Course, Rally, Rally Cross and Stock Car racing. Brian is sponsored by Rockstar Energy Drink, Metal Mulisha, Ford, Lucas Oil, Makita Industrial Power Tools, MAXXIS Tires, Etnies, Gibson Exhaust Systems, 4 Wheel Parts, Motegi Wheels, Venom R/C, MSR, Pro Taper, My Plash Prepaid Mastercard, Fathead, Brembo, K & N, PPG, VP Racing Fuels, Fox Shocks, Mastercraft Safety, MSD Ignitions, Torque Tools, Impact Racing, Eibach Springs, McKenzies, and Fiberwerx.

brian deegan, metal mulisha, x games, news release, rallycross, rockstar, ford racing, dirt rider magazine