Marc de Reuver scores top ten moto finish at the GP of Limburg

MotocrossPlanet.nl News Release

Marc de Reuver of the Yamaha van Beers Racing Team scored a top ten moto finish at round eleven of the World Championship Series at Lommel in Belgium. In the first moto Marc crashed straight after the start and had to come back from the back of the field. He worked himself back up to eleventh position but crashed twice and retired from the race. In the second moto he took a poor start but he was riding a consistent race and finished in tenth position.

Marc started the weekend with a lot of self confidence. In the first free practice session he set the second fastest time. In the pre qualifying session he posted the 11th fastest time and he qualified himself in seventh position. In the qualifying heat he came out of the start in sixth position. He found his rhythm straight away and worked himself up to third position. He held on to this position for some laps but than he made a mistake and dropped back to sixth position. A lap later he lost another position and finally he finished the race in seventh position.

The first moto started with bad luck for Marc. Straight after the start he got hit by another rider and crashed. Marc had to come back from the back of the pack and passed one rider after another. In the middle of the race he had worked himself back up to 11th position. Unfortunately he crashed twice in the second part of the race and because of this he decided to retire from the race.

In the second moto he got a poor start and came out of the first turn in about 25th position. During the race he gave everything he had and worked himself back up to eleventh position. In the final lap he moved up a position and finished the race in tenth position.

Overall he finished in 14th position and after eleven rounds he sits in 18th position.

Results Grand Prix of Limburg:

MX1:

MX1 /1st moto:

1 Antonio Cairoli I KTM
2 Clement Desalle B Suzuki
3 Rui Goncalves Por Honda
4 Steven Frossard F Yamaha
5 Maxi Nagl D KTM
15 Herjan Brakke NL Yamaha
DNF Marc de Reuver NL Yamaha

MX1 / 2nd moto:

1 Antonio Cairoli I KTM