- Anything is better than nothing
- You really get what you pay for. Even the most expensive brace here is cheaper than the MRI you'll need if you tweak your knee.Our experts also agreed that they would classify only three of the braces, the EVS Web, the Innovation Sports Morph and the Asterisk Cell, as true knee braces. The others are beefed-up knee pads with hinges on them. A doctor's point of view is presented in each description.The doctors also had some suggestions for riders shopping for knee braces. Remember, the most important thing is fit! The brace should essentially attach to your skeleton as much as possible through the straps and formed hard parts.
1. Poly-axial hinges. (They move more like your knee.)
2. Long bars or arms off the hinge (the longer the better) with the hinge set just
behind the middle of the knee joint to provide the most protection.
3. Protection to the front of the knee, especially just below the knee at the tibial
4. Above-the-knee protection.
5. Good strapping (dual is best) that attaches or molds to the calf to stop the brace
from moving up.
6. A good extension stop.