We test the 2009 Husky TE 310...and more!

Bone-ger-no! I just landed from nearly a week in Italy at Husqvarna's 2009 model intro, and I can say that the trip was a doozy. Crazy times zones, long flights, plenty of big meals and over a dozen bikes tested marked my overseas adventure, and I am now sorting through the aftermath of testing notes and action photos.

So, what's new with Husky? A lot! Two exciting new machines and aggressive revisions to the existing bikes spearhead a rejuvenated effort to bring Husqvarnas to the masses.

To begin with, the all-important TC450 and TC 510 motocross models both received significant updates, including redesigned frames, revised front suspension settings, all-new exhaust systems and a SACHS shock. Similar improvements can be found on the new Husqvarna TXC (cross-country) models, while the TC 250 is essentially a completely new bike.

Keeping the company's two-stroke enduro hopes alive, the existing WR 125 and 250 models are not only update but are joined by the all-new WR 300 enduro machine, which is said to be a near replica of the race bike ridden by Seb Guillaume in the World Championship Series. Husky's two-stroke motocross tiddler, the CR 125, has been completely revised from the bottom up.

But perhaps the biggest buzz of all belongs to the all-new 310cc, fuel-injected, four-stroke Husqvarna TE 310. With both kick and electric starting, Wave type brakes, Mikuni-developed FI and an increased bore (83mm compared to 76mm) from the TE 250, this bike is fine like Italian wine!

Of course, you'll have to wait to read the first tests of these new models, which is being compiled as we speak by yours truly. In the meantime, check out some of my point-n-shoot snapshots, and prepare to be wowed by some truly exotic bikes that have a strong chance of joining the top manufacturers in the "big six" of the near future. Ciao!

Italy, Husqvarna, TE 310
Italy, Husqvarna, TE 310, fuel injection