Team San Manuel James Stewart Takes Overall Win at 2009 U.S. Open

**Team San Manuel James Stewart Wins Friday Night and Saturday Night To Take Overall Win at 2009 U.S. Open

Los Angeles (October 11, 2009) - Team San Manuel Yamaha's James Stewart swept both nights of racing to win his third Rockstar Energy Drink U.S. Open at the MGM Grand Garden Arena Saturday night taking home a $100,000 purse.

Friday night in his debut outing aboard the 2010 Yamaha, Stewart, who is the defending race champion, opened the main event with the holeshot and led all 20 laps en route to the win.

"I am just happy to get out here and race tonight," said Stewart. "There is a lot of work that I have to do, but the bike worked great tonight. This is always a fun event and I am excited to be a part of it."

Saturday night, coming out of the gate third, Stewart, of Haines City, Fla., quickly passed the second placed rider Dan Reardon and set his sights on leader Ryan Villopoto. Stewart and Villopoto traded positions on lap 10 and Stewart moved into the lead and rode off to the win.

"It was a fun race," said Stewart. "I didn't get the start that I wanted but I got the job done. The money is one thing but our San Manuel team works really hard so this is rewarding for them. I was able to put in some really strong laps after I made my way around (Dan) Reardon."

About L & M Racing
L&M Racing was formed in 2006 by Owner/Team Manager Larry Brooks and partner Mike Kranyak. The company's 2008 team, Team San Manuel Yamaha, consisted of 2004 Supercross Champion Chad Reed and former West Coast Lites Champion Nathan Ramsey producing the indie race effort the 2008 Supercross Championship! The 2009 race season has 2007 Supercross Champion James Stewart and rookie Kyle Chisholm in place for L&M Racing. Led by Brooks, a key component in the Jeremy McGrath/Chaparral Racing team's three-year championship reign in Supercross, Brooks' race effort yielded the first and only independent team to ever win an AMA Supercross Series Championship. L&M Racing is headquartered within an 8,000sf state-of-the-art race facility in Southern California and is one of the most successful independently owned and operated teams in professional Supercross racing today. 2009's Team San Manuel Yamaha presented by James Stewart Entertainment is sponsored by: DID Chains, Yamalube, Akrapobic, Vortex, Bridgestone, Cycra Braking, Light Speed, TAG Metals, Big Bear Mountain Water, Factory Effex, VP Racing Fuels, and GYTR.

Visit www.sanmanuelracing.com or www.js7.com for updates!