Rockstar Makita Suzuki Ready to Race North of the Border

_Rockstar Makita Suzuki Racing News

_

Brea, Calif. - March 12, 2010 - Rockstar Makita Suzuki has been prepping for the Canadian round of the AMA Supercross series, which takes place this Saturday at Toronto's Rogers Centre. At the halfway point of the series, the team has had a great season so far and they look to continue their streak of top-notch racing and impressive results.

The Supercross points leader Ryan Dungey is amped and ready to take on the competition in Toronto. "I feel confident going into Toronto," Dungey said. "I think we just have to keep racing one race at a time and just enjoy the season." Dungey has been working hard to stay physically fit and mentally prepared to be at the front of the pack when the gate drops on Saturday night. His results show that he's got what it takes to be the series leader.

In the Eastern Regional Lites class, Austin Stroupe has been more consistent than ever before on his fuel-injected RM-Z250. His slew of second-place finishes has proved he has the stamina, the talent, and the speed to battle for that coveted first-place spot on the podium. "Being consistent is building my confidence as we head into Toronto," Stroupe said. "I'm building on a lot of things I've lacked the last two years, so the team is helping me and we're working together. I'm ready to race every weekend."

Ryan Morais, who got off to a good start in the Western Regional Lites class and looked to be a solid championship contender, was unfortunately injured at the Anaheim 2 round. Morais is back in racing condition and will be filling in again this weekend on the RM-Z450 in the Supercross class for the Rockstar Makita Suzuki team. Morais nabbed a top-10 finish in Daytona in his first 450-class race of the season, and he looks forward to improving upon that in Toronto now that those pesky first-race jitters are out of the way. "Daytona is always a tough race and I wanted to come out of it safe and in the top 10," Morais said. "I feel like I could've done better, but I'll build off of it and get better from here."

If you can't be at the race, Speed will be airing the race live starting at 7:30 pm EST. Watch as the Rockstar Makita Suzuki bikes take it to the top on Saturday!

Team sponsors:Rockstar, Makita, Yoshimura, Dunlop, Maxima, Tag Sprockets, Pro Taper, Alpinestars, ONE Industries, Mechanix Wear, Showa, Road Champs, CP Pistons, Hinson Clutch Components, Snap-On, Twin Air, D.I.D., Excel, NGK, Works Connection

About Suzuki: The Motorcycle/ATV Division of American Suzuki Motor Corporation (ASMC), Brea, Calif., was founded in 1963 by Suzuki Motor Corporation. ASMC markets motorcycles and ATVs via an extensive dealer network throughout 49 states. ASMC's parent company, Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC), based in Hamamatsu, Japan, is a diversified worldwide manufacturer of motorcycles, ATVs, scooters, automobiles and marine engines. Founded in 1909 and incorporated in 1920, it has 120 distributors in 191 countries. www.suzukicycles.com.

About Rockstar: ROCKSTAR is the world's most powerful Energy Drink. Enhanced with the potent herbal blend of Guarana, Ginkgo, Ginseng and Milk Thistle, ROCKSTAR is formulated to provide an incredible energy boost for those who lead active and exhausting lifestyles - from athletes to rock stars. ROCKSTAR Energy Drink is available in fourteen amazing flavors: Original, Sugar Free, Zero Carb, Juiced Mango, Juiced Guava, Juiced Pomegranate, Tropical Punched, Punched Citrus, Energy Cola, Recovery Lemonade, Roasted Mocha, Roasted Latte, Roasted Light Vanilla, and Roasted Espresso. ROCKSTAR ENERGY SHOTS are available in Wild Berry and Tropical Punch flavors, and coming in 2010 - ROCKSTAR ENERGY GUM.

About Makita: Makita is a worldwide manufacturer of industrial quality power tools and offers a wide range of industrial accessories. Makita applies leading-edge technology and innovation to engineer tools that are more compact with less weight yet deliver industrial strength power and results. Makita innovation includes Makita LXT, the industry's first 18V lithium-ion cordless lineup. For more information, visit makitatools.com. Follow Makita at facebook.com/makitatools and twitter.com/makitatools. Makita is Best in Class Engineering.