Next Stop Lierop and the Australian, Ferris, Returns

_Honda Pro Racing News Release
_

This weekend's GP of Lierop, Netherlands marks Round 14 of the World Championship and the penultimate round of the 2010 season. It also marks a return to Europe after a successful trip to South America for the GP of Campo Grande, Brazil, in which three of the regular World Championship Honda contingent placed within the top 10 overall classification.

However, on the flip side it was also at this event that CAS Monster Honda rider Evgeny Bobryshev suffered a serious rib injury that threatened to de-rail his assault on the British Championship. Determined not to lose his championship lead, the tough Russian ploughed on despite two broken ribs and rode to 2nd overall at last weekend's Silverstone round, but is now hurting badly. The decision has been taken that he will not ride this weekend in Lierop in order to allow him to recover fully for the final round of the British Championship. A decision will be made next week as to whether he will be fit enough to ride the final round of the world Championship in Fermo, Italy next weekend. This means that there will be no CAS representative at this weekend's GP, as the team and South African, Gareth Swanepoel, recently parted company.

LS Motors Honda rider, Tanel Leok had a successful weekend's racing in the gap between World Championship Grand Prix, taking the overall victory at Orp-le-Grand in the Belgian Championship. The powerful Estonian had looked slightly out of sorts in Campo Grande a weekend previous, suffering from a debilitating throat infection. However, at last weekend's Belgian round he seemed to be completely over this ailment as he placed 2-1 to take the overall win. His LS Motors team mate Davide Guarneri also had a strong showing to back up his season's best (equalling) performance of 6th overall in Campo Grande. The likeable Italian placed 5-3 for 4th overall and will be looking to carry this form onwards into the final two Grand Prix of the year.

In the Honda Racing MX Martin camp, the team have welcomed back the Australian Dean Ferris to accompany resident rider Jimmy Albertson once more. After an impressive debut World Championship performance in Teutschenthal, Germany, the Martin team have offered the young talent another chance to show what he has got to offer on the world stage. Since riding in Teutschenthal, Ferris claimed 3rd spot in the Australian National Championship and received a call up to the Australian MXoN squad, so has more than warranted a return to the World Championship Honda squad for the remaining two GPs.

Just like the maximum difficulty Lommel 4 weeks ago, Lierop is another brutal sand trap that takes no prisoners. The guys will have to be on top of their game to cope with the physical and mental demands of the tough track, located in the heart-land of Motocross.

For full Qualifying and Race Reports, visit www.hondaproracing.com over the weekend.

Dean Ferris, Honda Racing MX Martin**
"I am very fortunate that Honda Martin have given me this opportunity to race the factory CRF450R again. I have been riding a lot in deep sand for the past 3 weeks to prepare myself for the GP of Lierop this weekend. Having never raced in these conditions prior to coming over to Europe a few weeks back makes it is very different for me, and a really steep learning curve. Obviously if I want to become a GP regular then I need to make sure I can be quick everywhere, but for now it's just one step at a time. This will be my second GP for the team, having raced the German GP, so my aim is to use the knowledge I gained there to improve my results in both Lierop and the final GP in Italy."

Jimmy Albertson, Honda Racing MX Martin**
"This weekend's GP is going to be very tough for me. I have been very sick leading up to this race and have tried to ride but have not been feeling well. I still am going to go out and give it my best because I know how hard that my team is working for me and I do not want to give up. I know the weekend is going to be very heavy, because Lierop is one of the toughest tracks on the circuit. I'm hoping to feel much better by the weekend."

Tanel Leok, LS Motors Honda**
"Last weekend I won in the Belgian championship in Orp-le-Grand. I feel strong and I know I can do well in Lierop. Of all the sand races Lierop is probably the hardest, but I'm okay with that. The rougher it gets, the better for me! And I'm looking forward to have some revenge for the Brazilian GP. I was ill there and it didn't go as good as I would have wanted to."

Davide Guarneri, LS Motors Honda**
"I had a good day of racing in Orp-le-Grand on Sunday. I was leading the first moto until a stone became stuck between the frame and the brake lever. That was a shame but my speed is good and it was a nice track, a little bit like Namur. Lierop will be something completely different obviously! No matter how hot it is that place is always very, very difficult, especially now that the season is coming to an end. I think that you have to spend your energy wisely in Lierop. It will be important to stay strong till the end for both motos."

honda pro racing, gp of lierop netherlands, dean ferris,
honda pro racing, gp of lierop netherlands, jimmy albertson
honda pro racing, gp of lierop netherlands, tanel leok,
honda pro racing, gp of lierop netherlands, davide guarneri,