Moose Racing - On The Podium

_____Moose Racing News Release

_

The third round of the Can-Am GNCC series rolled into Morganton, N.C. this past weekend with defending champion Josh Strang poised to take his first win of the young season.

Strang started the race off with an impressive holeshot and proceeded to lead a good portion of the three-hour race. On the final lap, a mistake by Strang let Charlie Mullins, the points leader after two rounds, take over the race lead. Strang quickly remounted and caught back up to the rear wheel of Mullins and began applying pressure. With only a couple of turns to go, Mullins made a mistake of his own and went down, handing the win and the series points lead over to Strang.

"I got pretty lucky there when Charlie went down," said Strang. "It was unfortunate for him but I'll take the win for sure. I went down myself on the last lap so I had to ride hard to catch him. When I caught him I had to try to get by him as quick as I could because we were close to the finish. I tried to go inside him in a corner and after that I was ready to settle for second, but then he went down. I was shocked and a little bit relieved."

With this win, Strang has won the last three FMF Steele Creek GNCC races in a row! Next up is the fourth round, the Big Buck GNCC, on April 9 - 10 down in Union, S.C.

As the 2011 AMA Arenacross series heads into the home stretch, it is important for championship contenders to collect as many point as possible. Leading the way for the Babbitt's Kawasaki squad this past weekend in Little Rock was Chad Johnson. After a strong ride at the 12th round of the series, Johnson finished a hard fought third and closed the gap on second place in the overall championship standing.

Series points leader, Tyler Bowers saw his eight race win streak come to an end when a bad start and some additional tough luck were too much to overcome and he finished in 11th position. Despite this result, Bowers still maintains a 38-point lead in the title hunt.

Be sure to stay tuned to MooseRacing.com for the latest race updates, gear and accessories. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the most up-to-date news from Moose Racing.

Josh Strang on the podium Photo: Shan Moore | GNCC Racing
Chad Johnson (#2) finished on the podium in Little Rock Photo: Monte Spears