Moose Racing - On The Podium

_Moose Racing News Release

_

Tyler Bowers is becoming quite familiar with the top spot on the AMA Arenacross podium. For the sixth straight race, and eighth time this year, Bowers took home the win and further extended his championship points lead.

Bowers' teammate, Chad Johnson led the main event early on but a red flag restart on lap seven tightened things up. Shortly after the single file restart Bowers got by Johnson and cruised to the win. Johnson was able to hold onto second place and in doing so is now tied with Jeff Gibson for second place in the overall standings.

The series now heads to Council Bluffs, Iowa for the 11th round where fans will be treated to back-to-back nights of racing on Friday, March 18 and Saturday, March 19, 2011.

Round two of the 2011 Can-Am GNCC Racing series saw the competitors back on the start line less than a week after the opening round down in Florida. Washington, Ga. was the site of the race and team riders, Josh Strang and Jesse Robinson were looking to get early season wins under their belts in the XC1 and XC2 classes, respectively.

Strang got off to a good start and was battling back and forth with the other top competitors early on. He would lead the pack at various points throughout the three-hour race before finishing in a close second place.

"I couldn't catch Whibs (Paul Whibley) at the end, he was going good," said Strang. "We're just two races in and hopefully I'll work the bugs out. These boys were going quick and it was a fun race."

In the XC2 class, Robinson didn't get the best jump off the line and was forced to work his way through traffic. He caught up to the leaders, made his way by and checked out take his first win of the season.

"I got a horrible start, so I just put my head down and took some chances," said Robinson. "I hit some mud holes that I didn't know how deep they were, but I just floated across them. I got up to the front and caught Jason and went around him. After that I just kept my handle bars out there in first and here we are."

Strang and Robinson's strong finishes moves both of them into second place overall in their respective classes. The third round of the series will take place in Morganton, N.C. on March 26 - 27.

Be sure to stay tuned to MooseRacing.com for the latest race updates, gear and accessories. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the most up-to-date news from Moose Racing.

Johnson has moved into a tie for second place overall Photo: Randy Tanaka
Strang is focused on defending his GNCC title Photo: Shan Moore | GNCC Racing
Strang was on the gas at round 2 Photo: Shan Moore | GNCC Racing
Robinson had his eye on the top spot of the podium Photo: Shan Moore | GNCC Racing
Robinson notched his first GNCC of 2011 in Georgia Photo: Shan Moore | GNCC Racing