Moose Racing Dominates British Enduro Championship

Moose Racing News

The rescheduled second round of the British Enduro Championship took place this past weekend in Scotland and Moose Racing riders swept the podium taking home wins in the Elite, E1 and E2 classes.

David Knight led the way to the top of the podium in convincing fashion taking wins on both Saturday and Sunday to secure the overall Elite-class win. Photo Courtesy: Chris Way
Factory Suzuki Off-Road rider, Tom Sagar put together two solid days of racing as well en route to taking home the E2 class overall.

Factory Suzuki Off-Road team manager, Paul Edmonson made an on-track appearance and was able to fight back from a mistake on Saturday to take the win on Sunday and the overall E1 class victory.

The third member of the Factory Suzuki team was Lee Edmonson who was competing in his first race back from injury. Lee also raced in the E1 class and came home in the runner up position.

After the race, Paul Edmonson commented, "Tom produced an extremely strong ride over the weekend, the bike performed as he liked and to take the lead this early on is a real confidence boost. I'm pleased to have put another Suzuki on the top step, although I'm aching a fair bit today! And with Lee coming back into his first round after injury it's been a great weekend all round."

Stateside, the sixth round of the Can-Am GNCC series was in action at the MotorcycleUSA.com Yadkin Valley Stomp in Yadkinville, N.C.

Series points leader, Josh Strang was looking to get back to his winning ways and was poised to do so after grabbing the holeshot. Strang led until a frightening second-lap crash forced him to make a pit stop. Photo Courtesy: Shan Moore GNCC Racing "I got sideways over a little jump in the woods and I clipped a tree and my hand went off the bars and when I grabbed on again I got a handful of throttle and it shot me into a tree," said Strang. "I went down pretty hard and it rang my bell."

Strang would go on to finish ninth but is still in the driver's seat in the overall championship hunt with a 19-point lead over Thor's Charlie Mullins.

In the XC2 class, Moose Racing's Jesse Robinson crossed the line with a well-deserved third place.

The GNCC series will take a couple of weeks off before heading to Somerset, Penn. on May 22 - 23, 2010 for the Moose Mountain Ridge GNCC. This will be the official halfway point in the 13-round championship. Be sure to stay tuned to MooseRacing.com for the latest race updates, gear and accessories. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the most up-to-date news from Moose Racing.

moose racing logo, brithis enduro championship, racing news, motorcycle news, motorcycle event, dirt rider magazine, dirt rider