Kurt Nicoll Wins AMA Supermoto Unlimited Championship

Salt Lake City, UT - KTM/Jagermeister rider Kurt Nicoll took home the AMA Supermoto Unlimited Championship at Miller Motorsports Park winning both races of the double-header round to complete his undefeated season.

Nicoll competed at each of the six rounds of the AMA Supermoto Series, winning the overall at each round, to easily earn the championship title.

Aboard his KTM 505 SMR, Nicoll qualified 1st going into the first race. He was 2nd off the start behind Steve Drew. "I remained close to Drew for the first eight laps and eventually made the pass for the lead with two laps to go," remarked Nicoll.

The second race went even better for Nicoll, who grabbed the holeshot and led every lap from start to finish. His 1-1 results earned him the overall win and completed his undefeated season. Nicoll remarked, "I was trying to go for the Ricky Carmichael perfect season, and somehow I was able to do it. People joke that I am the oldest rider to win an AMA Championship but there has to be someone older than 29-years old that has won a championship before," said the 44-year old Nicoll.

KTM rider Mark Burkhart also had a successful season finishing 2nd in the championship title chase in the AMA Supermoto 450 class. Burkhart crashed in the first moto and was able to make his way back up to 4th. In the second moto, he started well and finished on the podium in 3rd.