Knight wins British Sprint Enduro Championship, Rnds 3&4

_Manx ace steps up world championship preparations with dominant win KTM - News Release
_

Enduro Factory Team rider David Knight returned to his winning ways this past weekend topping the Elite class at rounds three and four of the '11 British Sprint Enduro Championship. Winner of the opening round of the series before finishing as runner---up at the shortened round two, Knight was in a class of his own at the Llangrove event near Monmouth. With weather conditions dry and sunny on both days the fast and flowing course suited the Manxman perfectly as the reigning Enduro 3 world champion topped round three by close to two minutes. Day two saw another dominant performance from Knight, winning comfortably ahead of Welshman Greg Evans.

With a little over one week spent training in Florida and then two days of testing in Italy before the BSEC event Knight was well prepared for the two days of racing, and it showed. Competing on a 'final specification' version of his factory KTM Knight recorded the fastest overall time on each of seven timed laps. Getting faster as the special test got rougher, Knight ended the day having completed close to one---and---a---half hours of racing.

Day two saw the course reversed, which provided more exciting racing. Seven seconds faster than his closest challenger on the first timed run, David steadily extended his advantage at the top of the Elite class posting his fastest time of the day on the penultimate lap and winning by more than one---minute.

David's next event will be the opening round of the '11 Enduro World Championship in Spain, April 2/3.

David Knight: 'It's been a good and fast weekend, and a great final shake down ahead of the first Enduro World Championship race. The track was good, pretty fast in most places but it got rough towards the end of the first day, which I really liked. It was hard to make Time but it was easy to lose time with just one small mistake. I didn't take any risks on the first day until the track was bedded in and then I was able to push harder and I got a good win. The second day all went well and with the track in the reversed direction there were more lines. All of my times were consistent and I had six good laps. We made some changes to the bike before the race, which is now the final specification for world championship, and we didn't change it once. I feel really confident on the bike now."

Results - British Sprint Enduro Championship Round 3, Elite class
1. DavidKnight (KTM Enduro Factory Team) 1.26:39.61;
2. Greg Evans (KTM) 1.28:22:54;
3. Si Wakely (Husaberg) 1.29:06.59;
4. Daryl Bolter (KTM) 1.29:19.87;
5. Tom Sagar (KTM) 1.29:26.01;
6. Paul Edmondson (KTM) 1.31:08.67;
7. Aaron Poolman (KTM) 1.32:15.64;
8. Matt Ridgeway (Yamaha) 1.32:20.18;
9. Ollie Moyce (Kawasaki) 1.33:15.27;
10. Lee Edmondson (KTM) 1.34:09.41...

Results - British Sprint Enduro Championship Round 4, Elite class