Knight Steps Closer To Enduro 3 World Title

_____David Knight Result Service 2010 - News Release_

David Knight has further extended his lead at the top of the Enduro 3 world championship standings. Following a runner-up result on day one of the GP of Greece David then topped the second day's competition while his closest championship contender. Christophe Nambotin, failed to finish. Putting David 52 points ahead at the top of the E3 class standings, the newly signed factory KTM rider could now win his third E3 title at the penultimate round of the championship, which takes place in Turkey next weekend.

Knowing that consistent podium results during the three remaining rounds of the '10 championship would secure him the coveted E3 title, Knight had a day full of 'silly problems' on day one but nevertheless finished just five seconds behind winner Nambotin. On day two David again battled with the Frenchman before collecting his seventh day win of the year following the retirement of his closest championship rival.

David Knight: 'Day one was full of stupid little problems that shouldn't happen in world championship events. Ok, coming across a wild dog on the track can happen in a place like this but catching a marshal in a test shouldn't happen. Both cost me time. I also had some riders coming the other way on the course; the track marking tape was down in places, which with the dust isn't what anyone needs. It all made for a strange day really. But I was happy enough. After I'd struggled a little on the first lap I got better and my last lap was pretty good. The enduro test has always favored smaller bikes here so I was happy to be on the pace there. I got a load of tape in my rear wheel on two tests on the opening lap, which was my fault, but it didn't help me. Then on the second lap I found it hard to concentrate. I didn't feel tired but I'm sure that was due to the heat. I decided then to settle for second if I had to. I was in contention with Nambotin going into the final endure test and I felt good. I'll never know if I'd have been able to beat him as he had a problem, which put him out of the event. I was really enjoying our battle. I'd have been happy with second. I've got a really good points lead now and can win the title now in Turkey next weekend, but It's more important to just get through that event and to the last race in France only needing a few more points there.'

2010 Enduro World Championship

Grand Prix of Greece - Day 1

**Enduro 3 **

1. Christophe Nambotin (Gas Gas) 55.26:33
  2. David Knight (KTM Farioli FactorySupport Team) 55.31:44
  3. Seb Guillaume (Husqvarna) 55.59:61

2010 Enduro World Championship

Grand Prix of Greece - Day 2

Enduro 3

1. David Knight (KTM Farioli Factory Support Team) 53.51:14
  2. **Seb Guillaume (Husqvarna) 55.10:23 **
  3. Bartosz Oblucki (Husqvarna) 55.11:00