Knight Dominates Round Two of the British Enduro Championship

David Knight Results Service 2010

Farioli KTM rider David Knight has claimed two more day wins in the 2010 British Enduro Championship, this time winning the Grampian Motorcycle Club organised Lossiemouth Enduro, held in the north of Scotland. Winner of the opening round of the series back in February, Knight claimed a comfortable winning margin on both days finishing close to two minutes ahead of Tom Sagar on day one and just over two minutes ahead on day two. David recorded the fastest time on all of the event's special tests.

The first rider onto the long, technical and sandy Lossiemouth special tests Knight quickly set about distancing himself from his rivals and in completing the day with no mistakes enjoyed a well-deserved and commanding win. Day two again saw Knight take charge early on. With many riders finding the long, three-lap, second day tiring Knight revelled in the rough, and unforgiving conditions of the special tests to secure his third consecutive day win of the '10 BEC series.

David's next event will be the third round of the Enduro World Championship, which takes place in Italy on the 22/23 of May.
David Knight:** "It's been a fantastic weekend, but a tough one. Being the first rider onto the tests on day one meant I was just trying to work out where the best line was. Even on the second lap it was hard to push hard going into the turns, but on the third lap both tests were really rough, especially the beach test. The sand was so dry and soft that it was really hard to get into a flowing rhythm. It was a really hard work out. The whole day went well. I didn't push too hard, I basically pushed as hard as the track would allow. I put in a good time on the first test of day two, and got steadily faster. I made a mistake on the second motocross test, but that was my only mistake really. A second day of three laps was hard work, but for me it was good training for world championship. Everything was spot on throughout both days and I really enjoyed it. I hope the event runs again next year. It would be good if there were a bit more support for the event. It would be a real shame if the event wasn't on the BEC calendar."
Metzeler ACU British Enduro Championship, Rnd 2 day 1**

1. David Knight (KTM Enduro Factory Support Team) 3790.76
  2. Tom Sagar (Suzuki) 3900.0
  3. Daryl Bolter (KTM) 3965.52
  4. Paul Edmondson (Suzuki) 3973.84
  5. Si Wakely (Husqvarna) 4037.32

Metzeler ACU British Enduro Championship, Rnd 2 day 2

1. David Knight (KTM Enduro Factory Support Team) 3770.82
  2. Tom Sagar (Suzuki) 3896.72
  3. Paul Edmondson (Suzuki) 3982.37
  4. Daryl Bolter (KTM) 3986.92
  5. Greg Evans (KTM) 4010.22