Knight claims fourth Weston Beach race victory, dominates ’10 event

_KTM News Release
_

David Knight has claimed yet another major victory this season as the KTM factory rider blasted his way to the overall solo class win at the annual end-of-season Weston Beach Race. Already a three-time winner of the event, Knight set his sights firmly on claiming a fourth win and romped home as the clear winner, having lapped up to the second placed rider during the three hours of competition. Enjoying a near 100 per cent trouble free run the Manxman's participation in the event brought to a close a fantastic year, one in which he has claimed the Enduro 3 World Championship as well as the British and British 'sprint' Enduro Championships.

Rounding the first corner with only a handful of riders ahead of him David quickly worked his way into the lead before a small mistake saw him drop back to around 10th. Wasting little time David was soon back into the lead and early into the second lap started opening up what would become a commanding lead. With his pit stops going exactly to plan and with his bike working perfectly Knight edged further and further ahead before taking a memorable and deserved win.

David Knight: 'The race went perfectly for me in pretty much every way. The only problem was that I misread by pit board during the last few laps and thought that I was getting caught. I was riding absolutely flat out, up the straight and through the dunes, only to find that I was getting closer to lapping the second placed rider. The main thing was that I managed to win, but I gave my bike some serious stick during the last few laps. Other than there being a few riders ahead of me off the start things went really well. I got into the lead but didn't really want to be there because I knew I'd have riders watching me, waiting for me to make a mistake before going around me. And that's what happened. I hit the smallest dune o the course and buried my front wheel and stalled the motor trying to get myself free. I caught and past the riders ahead of me soon after that and then just rode my own race. I didn't have any bike problems at all, and really enjoyed the race. It's great to get another win at Weston.'

2010 Weston Beach Race - solo class

1. David Knight KTM
  2. Jamie Lewis Honda
  3. Luke Hawkins Honda
  4. Aaron Poolman KTM
  5. Daniel McCanney Gas Gas