Kawasaki’s Whibley Continues OMA Win Streak in Ohio

Kawasaki's Whibley Continues OMA Win Streak in Ohio

Irvine, Calif. (May 12, 2009) - Kawasaki's Paul Whibley earned his third win in as many tries at the third round of the OMA Nationals in Rio Grande, Ohio. Teammate Jimmy Jarrett finished second for the third straight time, while Scott Watkins finished fifth in only his second event.

Kawasaki Under the Tent

**Straight Away
**It didn't take long for Whibley to pull a gap on his competitors. In fact, it only took one lap to pull a 30 second lead. Even with a brief moment at one of the creek jumps, Whibley won the event by more than a minute.

"I was feeling good about the track and looking forward to a good race," said Whibley. "My shoulder was still pretty sore after the crash at the GNCC the previous weekend. I tried to ride on Thursday, but it was too weak so I was relying on the adrenaline to make it all better on race day. I just wanted to ride smooth and I was able to come away with the win."

Remembering The Past
Whibley was quick to remember that this venue was the place he took his first OMA National win last year. After that win, he went on a seven-race winning streak that led him to his current OMA National Championship.

Jimmy and Second
The KX450F of Jarrett narrowly missed the holeshot and he raced off into the woods in second behind his teammate. He came within 20 seconds of Whibley and was able to hold on for his third runner-up finish of the year.

"It was a good track and now more than ever I'm ready to take a win," said Jarrett. "It's not too fun getting second when you know there is potential for first."

Watkins in His Home State
Kawasaki rider Scott Watkins returned for his second showing at the OMA Nationals after a fourth-place finish at Round 1. The challenging track made for good racing and Watkins was right there at the end for a top-five.

Results

OMA Nationals
Rio Grande, Ohio
May 24, 2009

Pro Class Results
1. PAUL WHIBLEY, KAWASAKI
2. JIMMY JARRETT, KAWASAKI
3. Thad Duvall, Yamaha
4. Jason Thomas, Yamaha
5. SCOTT WATKINS, KAWASAKI

Geico motorcycle Kawasaki dirt bike Paul Whibley dirt bike racing
Geico motorcycle Kawasaki dirt bike Paul Whibley dirt bike racing