Jones Brothers Racing’s Wiles Continues Streak w/ 7th-Straight Peoria TT Victory

_Monster Energy Kawasaki News Release
_

Irvine, Calif. (August 22, 2011) - Monster Energy Kawasaki/Jones Brothers Racing's Henry Wiles proved once again that he is a dominating force at the Peoria Race Park in Peoria, Ill. as he took his seventh-straight victory at the venue during Round 14 of the AMA Pro Flat Track series. The race was only his second back after having knee surgery in April. Along with Wiles, Kenny Coolbeth, Jr. put his Kawasaki KX™450F inside the top-10 with a ninth-place finish, while JD Beach finished 13th.

The Streak Continues
Wiles entered the Peoria TT ready to tackle the fast and tough track in Illinois. Although he was coming back from injury, Wiles entered the weekend with a streak that would be hard to beat. After winning his heat, Wiles knew the 25-lap main event would be a true test to his preparation for the event. He was able to power his Kawasaki KX450F to the holeshot and kept it out front for the entire race.

"We hadn't done much set-up work before getting to Peoria since I haven't been back on the bike that long, but since it's a riders track, it worked out for me," said Wiles. "I made a few mistakes during the race that closed the gap a few times, but when I saw that five-lap board, I made sure I kept my mistakes down and was able to hold off second."

One Thing On His Mind
Wiles had one thing on his mind after having surgery on his knee last April. He wanted to make sure he was ready to compete in the Peoria TT only four months later. After successful surgery, Wiles went to work in order to be ready for the race and after finishing 1.5 seconds ahead of second place, he claimed his seventh straight victory at the historical Peoria TT.

"It feels awesome to keep the streak alive," said Wiles. "Not only is the streak great, my name is in the record books along with legends like Kenny Roberts and Chris Carr. It's definitely an honor to be included in such a great list of racers."

Springfield
Wiles will try to keep his season win-streak alive at the next singles race that takes place over Labor Day weekend at the Springfield short track. He won the event last year and is looking to keep his Kawasaki KX450F on top of the podium.

"I think we have a good chance at the next race and I know I'll be getting stronger and stronger as the weeks go by," said Wiles. "I've always had fun at Springfield and it would be nice to go for back-to-back wins. Now that we have another event under our belts we can make sure we get the bike dialed in and ready to race."

Results
AMA Pro Flat Track Series
Peoria Race Park - Peoria, Ill.
August 21, 2011

TT Expert Class Results
1. HENRY WILES, MONSTER ENERGY/KAWASAKI/JONES BROTHERS

2. Jared Mees, Honda
3. Sammy Halbert, Yamaha
4. Jake Johnson, Honda
5. Robert Pearson, Yamaha
6. Chris Carr, Honda
7. Matt Weidman, Honda
8. Bryan Smith, Honda
9. KENNY COOLBETH, JR., KAWASAKI
10. Johnny Lewis, Honda**
13. JD BEACH, MONSTER ENERGY/KAWASAKI/WERNER-SPRINGSTEEN**

ama, pro flat track series, jones brothers raching, henry wiles, monster energy kawasaki, peoria tt victory, round 14, dirt rider magazine, shaun russell, jd beach, news release, kx450f, peoria
ama, pro flat track series, jones brothers raching, henry wiles, monster energy kawasaki, peoria tt victory, round 14, dirt rider magazine, shaun russell, jd beach, news release, kx450f, peoria