Jimmy Lewis Speaks

Typically I'm know to be pessimistic, but I'm going out on a limb here and switching sides. I'm optimistic about where were going to get to take DR.com. It has been a long road of fighting, arguing and downright getting pissed off about what has happened to our site, on the quality and information side, not the traffic end of things, where it has just come back to a level we had it at about three years ago. When it was a lot better than it is now, if you ask me.

But in the background there has been a lot of hard work going on so we can make the site what it should be. I'm a novice in the digital world but I know what I like to look at as far as motorcycles and the web are concerned. We are going to bring that type of content to you.

What is that you ask?

Well if things go as we have been promised, a whole lot of cool stuff is going to be up and live, way before you ever see it in the magazine. Starting Wednesday evening. And if the site traffic grows like we think it will, then bigger and better things will happen, it will have to.

You'll see tests, regular weekly features, videos and have the opportunities to participate in the actual goings on here at Dirt Rider. Initially through the forums, then we'll spread it our into bigger and better things as we grow and mature.

So bare with us during the growing pains, enjoy what we have coming and spread the word. And if it doesn't work, I won't be around here much longer.

JIMMY