Ironman GNCC Round 13 AmPro Yamaha Race Report

_Team Race Report from AmPro Yamaha - News Release

_

AmPro Yamaha Riders:
Thad Duval (2nd Place -XC1 Class)
Paul Whibley (3rd Place - XC1 Class)
Jordan Ashburn (2nd Place - XC2 Class)

The Ironman GNCC in Crawfordsville, Indiana is normally a dry and dusty battle, which tests even the best riders all the way to the finish. However, conditions couldn't have been better, as rain from earlier in the week left the course in pristine shape!

XC1 Class
AmPro Yamaha riders Thad Duval and Paul Whibley sat on starting line, eagerly awaiting the drop of the green flag. Once it was down, the riders were off, charging into the first corner. Whibley would be slightly edged out by Jedediah Haines, who kamikazed his bike past the other riders in a short lived lead. From there, the riders would spend the first four laps battling it out and eventually settling into their positions. Going into the fifth lap, Paul had put his Factory Yamaha YZ450F into the 2nd place position with Duvall right behind him in 3rd. The riders would continue on, finishing out the race in this order. Unfortunately, a technical penalty would cause Whibley to lose a position, allowing Duval to seal a 2nd place finish with Whibley holding onto 3rd.

_"This was a good race," says Whibley. "The course couldn't have been more perfect and the bike worked extremely well. I'm pretty disappointed in receiving the technical penalty but I'm happy finishing up on the box. I'd like to thank my wife Kathryn, my mechanic Scotty, and the AmPro Team for all their support."

"Man, the conditions today were perfect," says Duval. The bike ran awesome and team did a great job getting me in and out of the pits. After about the third lap I rode a pretty lonely race... which is tough because it's hard to find that perfect pace. Overall I'm stoked about finishing on the podium, it's unfortunate what happened with Paul but I'll take a second place any way I can get it!"_
XC2 Class**
Obermeyer / AmPro's Jordan Ashburn had one of his best starts of the year, firing into the first corner just barely missing out on the holeshot. Jordan led most of the race but a couple small mistakes would allow KTM's Steward Baylor to sneak by. From there, the two riders would battle back and forth the remainder of the day, with Steward finishing 1st and Jordan finishing only seconds behind him in 2nd.

"I had a lot of fun today," says Ashburn. "Unfortunately, a couple mistakes made the difference between first and second. It was a lot of fun to battle with Stew, he's a great racer and he was pushing hard. I'd like to thank my parents along with Keith Obermeyer and Randy Hawkins for all the support the bike worked awesome all day!"

To see more race reports, rider bios, and the latest news in racing, check out the all new AmPro Website at www.AmProYamaha.com.