_Yamaha Press Release
_

Race: GNCC Round 7 "Rock Run"

**Riders:
**Paul Whibley
Thad Duvall
Jordan Ashburn

Report:
The team headed up north to Pennsylvania this past weekend to conquer round 7 of the GNCC Series!

AmPro Yamaha's Paul Whibley had a great start and headed into the first corner in the lead. Unfortunately, KTM's Charlie Mullins would sneak past him right before entering the rocky woods. Paul kept Charlie in his sights though and waited for the right moment to pass. That moment came after Charlie picked a bad line through a muddy bog section, allowing Paul to blast by him. From there, Paul opened up a sizeable gap, riding a safe and steady pace until having to stop for fuel. During the pit stop Suzuki's Josh Strang would close up Whibley's gap and the two riders would battle for the next several laps. However, the AmPro Race team's strategy to pit Paul early would quickly pay off as Strang would have to stop for gas one last time, allowing Whibley to get by and finish the race in the first place position!

_"This was a tough race," says Whibley. "It was a very difficult to ride fast and consistent. Honestly, I was pretty happy when Charlie got around me in the first corner because it gave me a chance to follow him and look for the good lines. I never really felt comfortable throughout the race. The course was riddled with rocks and just when you felt good, one would remind you to slow down. The AmPro Yamaha YZ450F worked great all day and the team did an awesome job getting me in and out of the pits quickly. I've been up here in Pennsylvania for over a week practicing in the rocks and I'm glad the hard work paid off. This was a great win for myself and the team and I hope to carry this momentum into the Snow GNCC." _

AmPro Yamaha's Thad Duvall had a mid-pack start and quickly worked his way into the top five. Unfortunately for him, a large rock would kick up and break through his water pump, ending his day with a DNF.

"I'm pretty disappointed," says Duvall. "I really like riding in the rocks and I think I could have made a good run at the podium this weekend. It's never fun having to end the race short."

AmPro/Obermeyer Yamaha's Jordan Ashburn had a rough day as well. Jordan struggled to find his pace in the rocks and finished 6th overall in the XC2 class.

"The course was pretty sketchy," says Ashburn. "It was tough to get into the grove and go fast. I just tried to keep the bike on two wheels."