- The premier class (Previously Expert or Pro) will now be called Super EnduroCross.
- The Super EnduroCross format will include a multi-round, head-to-head bracket-race for the top twelve riders to earn a championship point and determine the main event gate picks.
- In addition to the Super EnduroCross class, the Amateur, Vet and Women's classes will all compete in a multi-round championship. For all classes, the riders will get to throw-away their worst result prior to the Ontario final. This will keep the championships tight all the way to the end.
- There will be a new Amateur B class. This will be for the top 12 Amateur riders that did not qualify for the Amateur class to provide more riders an opportunity to race and improve their EnduroCross skills.
- And how about the EnduroCross Tracks? After careful evaluation of the tracks and races over the past several years, it is clear that the top riders like to be challenged but there also needs to be some flow to allow for great racing. So, the 2017 tracks will include a "No Joke Lane" that will be extremely challenging but also include "easier" lanes to allow the riders to twist the throttle and get some air.
- All of this should lead to some of the most exciting and challenging off-road motorcycle racing for both the racers and fans. Make sure you mark your calendar to be there in person or follow the action.