Schedule Highlighted by Multiple Live Broadcasts
MORGANTOWN, W.V. (April 29, 2010) – After introducing the most innovative domestic television package in motocross history last season, MX Sports Pro Racing and Alli, the Alliance of Action Sports, return with exclusive coverage from SPEED and NBC Sports for the 2010 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship. All 12 rounds from the world’s most renowned motocross circuits will be broadcast directly into millions of homes throughout the U.S.
For the second year in a row, NBC Sports will showcase the only motocross action on live broadcast network television for three rounds: the Rockstar Energy High Point National on June 12, the Rockstar Energy RedBud National on July 3, and the Rockstar Energy Unadilla National on August 14. High Point, RedBud and Unadilla are three of the best known circuits in the motocross world.
“The introduction of live races on SPEED and NBC was one of the most significant moments in American motocross history,” said MX Sports Vice President Davey Coombs. “We are extremely excited for their return in 2010 and we can’t wait to continue the tremendous growth the sport has achieved in recent years by being brought into millions of additional homes.”
In addition to the trio of live events on NBC broadcast network television, SPEED will serve as the exclusive cable home of the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship, featuring a pair of live events with the Washougal Motocross National on July 24, as well as the championship finale on September 11. All seven remaining rounds of the series can be seen on SPEED via same-day coverage, with exception of the season-opening Rockstar Energy Hangtown Classic, which will air next-day on Sunday, May 23, as a result of SPEED’s previous commitment to NASCAR’s All-Star Weekend programming.
The highly-talented 250 Class will also have an exclusive home on SPEED, with seven rounds shown via same day, back-to-back coverage with the 450 Class. The remaining five rounds can be seen on the Sunday following each national.
2010 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship Domestic Television Schedule
- Rockstar Energy Hangtown Classic SPEED May 23 6 p.m. EST
- Freestone Motocross National SPEED June 5 9 p.m. EST
- Rockstar Energy High Point National NBC Sports June 12 3:30 p.m. EST
- Budds Creek Motocross National SPEED June 19 9 p.m. EST
- Thunder Valley Motocross National SPEED June 26 11 p.m. EST
- Rockstar Energy RedBud National NBC Sports July 3 3:30 p.m. EST
- Rockstar Energy Spring Creek National SPEED July 17 9 p.m. EST
- Washougal Motocross National SPEED July 24 7 p.m. EST
- Rockstar Energy Unadilla National NBC Sports Aug. 14 3 p.m. EST
- Rockstar Energy Southwick National SPEED Aug. 28 9 p.m. EST
- Steel City Motocross National SPEED Sept. 4 9 p.m. EST
- Season Finale SPEED Sept. 11 7 p.m. EST
*BOLD indicates LIVE coverage
- Rockstar Energy Hangtown Classic SPEED May 23 5 p.m. EST
- Freestone Motocross National SPEED June 5 Midnight EST
- Rockstar Energy High Point National SPEED June 13 6 p.m. EST
- Budds Creek Motocross National SPEED June 19 8 p.m. EST
- Thunder Valley Motocross National SPEED June 27 Noon EST
- Rockstar Energy RedBud National SPEED July 4 4 p.m. EST
- Rockstar Energy Spring Creek National SPEED July 17 8 p.m. EST
- Washougal Motocross National SPEED July 24 8 p.m. EST
- Rockstar Energy Unadilla National SPEED Aug. 15 4 p.m. EST
- Rockstar Energy Southwick National SPEED Aug. 28 10 p.m. EST
- Steel City Motocross National SPEED Sept. 4 8 p.m. EST
- Season Finale SPEED Sept. 11 8 p.m. EST
The gates will drop and the bikes will roar in the shadow of the California capital of Sacramento in just over three weeks with the 42nd annual event from legendary Hangtown on Saturday, May 22.
For tickets, fan and racing information on the 2010 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship, log onto www.allisports.com.
MX Sports Pro Racing
MX Sports Pro Racing manages and produces the world’s most prestigious motocross series – the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship. An industry leader in off road powersport production and management, its mission is to raise awareness of motocross racing through the production of professional championship racing events nationwide. Through its various racing properties, partnerships and affiliates, MX Sports Pro Racing fields more than 60,000 action sports athletes each year and attracts millions of active fans, spectators and enthusiasts. For more information, please visit www.mxsportsproracing.com.
Alli, the Alliance of Action Sports
Alli, the Alliance of Action Sports, is a global business that encompasses national and international action sports tours and events, multimedia production, and a consumer facing lifestyle brand. The Alliance includes: the Dew Tour, Winter Dew Tour, China Invitational, Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship, King of Wake series, and the Gatorade Free Flow Tour; Alli TV Productions, which creates original content, produces and presents content with partners, and distributes Alli content through a variety of channels. Alli is owned by NBC Sports and MTV Networks and represents a network of athletes, fans, brands and properties. Its mission is to facilitate the momentous growth of action sports, through competition and lifestyle, for a new generation of fans and athletes. The Alli properties are home to more than 550,000 spectators each year and broadcasts more than 150 hours of original content in 100 countries and 280 million homes worldwide. More information can be found at www.allisports.com.
AMA Pro Racing
AMA Pro Racing is the premier professional motorcycle racing organization in North America, operating a full schedule of events and championships for a variety of motorcycle disciplines. From its Daytona Beach headquarters, the organization operates and manages AMA Pro Road Racing, which includes AMA Pro American Superbike, AMA Pro Daytona SportBike, AMA Pro SuperSport and AMA Pro SunTrust Moto-GT. AMA Pro Racing also manages and works closely with the day-to-day operational organizations of the AMA Pro Flat Track Championship and the AMA Pro Supermoto Championship Series in addition to other two-wheel and ATV series. Learn more about AMA Pro Racing at www.amaproracing.com.