Tyler Bright Takes Lites Class Victory
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (January 30, 2010) – After a one-year hiatus, the 2010 AMA Arenacross Series’ return to Kansas City and legendary Kemper Arena didn’t disappoint as Babbitt’s Monster Energy/TiLube Kawasaki’s Josh Demuth, of North Richland Hills, Texas, raced to his first win of the season. Foremost Insurance Yamaha’s Tyler Bright, of Lexington, N.C., raced to his second AMA Arenacross Lites class victory of the season.
As the gates dropped on AMA Arenacross main event, Demuth shot to the front of the field, grabbing the holeshot and going on to lead all 25 laps. Spinechillers/Storm Lake Honda’s Nathan Skaggs, of Chillicothe, Ohio, found himself up front early, challenging Demuth along with fellow Babbitt’s Monster Energy/TiLube Kawasaki rider Chad Johnson, of Rhinelander, Wis. Unfortunately, Skaggs slowly dropped back into the field while Johnson held close to his teammate, keeping him honest.
Current points leader Tyler Bowers, of Danville, Ky., brought a five-race winning streak into the evening, but experienced problems in the first turn when his front brake line was severed. The third member of the Babbitt’s Monster Energy/TiLube team tried to maintain race pace, but was forced to pull off the track for maintenance. Upon returning, he found himself at the tail end of the field but soldiered on to salvage an eighth-place finish.
Demuth became just the third rider to win in 2010, but through five rounds this season the Babbitt’s Monster Energy/TiLube Kawasaki team is the only one to stand atop the podium. Johnson held on to the runner-up spot while reigning series champion Jeff Gibson, of Thornville, Ohio, captured his second podium of the season for Tuf Honda in third.
Bright has been strong in the early stages of the 2010 season. The Carolina native raced to the main event holeshot and went on to lead the entire race. GPF/Babbitt’s Kawasaki’s A.J. Catanzaro kept Bright honest, but couldn’t find a way into the lead, brining home second while Reynard Mods Kawasaki’s Cory Green, of Nowata, Okla., finished third.
By virtue of his finish, Bowers watched his points lead fall to a 15-point advantage over teammate Johnson, while Demuth moved into third to give Babbitt’s the top three spots in the premier class standings. Catanzaro’s impressive ride gives him the early edge in the AMA Arenacross Lites Western Regional Championship, with a two point lead after one round.
The AMA Arenacross Series continues next weekend from Tulsa, Okla. and the BOK Center next Saturday at 7:30 p.m. CT.
For more information on the AMA Arenacross Series log on to www.arenacross.com.
AMA Arenacross Class Results (Kansas City, Mo.)
1. Josh Demuth, North Richland Hills, Texas, Kawasaki
2. Chad Johnson, Rhinelander, Wis., Kawasaki
3. Jeff Gibson, Thornville, Ohio, Honda
4. Nathan Skaggs, Chillicothe, Ohio, Honda
5. Brock Sellards, Sherodsville, Ohio, Honda
6. Gray Davenport, Lehi, Utah., Kawasaki
7. Willy Browning, Pleasantville, Ohio, Honda
8. Tyler Bowers, Danville, Ky., Kawasaki
9. Tyler Bright, Lexington, N.C., Kawasaki
10. Kevin Johnson, Spring, Texas, Yamaha
AMA Arenacross Lites Class Results (Kansas City, Mo.)
1. Tyler Bright, Lexington, N.C., Kawasaki
2. A.J. Catanzaro, Middlefield, Conn., Kawasaki
3. Cory Green, Nowata, Okla., Kawasaki
4. Daniel Aulsaybrook, Ortonville, Mich., Kawasaki
5. Ricky Draper, Bellevue, Neb., Honda
6. Jason Hussey, Moscow Mills, Mo., Kawasaki
7. Travis Merrill, Quincy, Ill., KTM
8. Patrick Massie, Washington Court, Ohio, Honda
9. Kyle Hussey, Moscow Mills, Mo., Kawasaki
10. Tanner Moore, Auburn, Kan., KTM
AMA Arenacross Class Points (After Race 7 of 19)
1. Tyler Bowers, Danville, Ky., Kawasaki – 156
2. Chad Johnson, Rhinelander, Wis., Kawasaki – 141
3. Josh Demuth, North Richland Hills, Texas, Kawasaki – 125
4. Nathan Skaggs, Chillicothe, Ohio, Honda – 119
5. Brock Sellards, Sherodsville, Ohio, Honda – 108
6. Jeff Gibson, Thornville, Ohio, Honda – 98
7. Zach Ames, Prospect, Ohio, Honda – 89
8. Kevin Johnson, Spring, Texas, Kawasaki – 86
9. Dave Ginolfi, Lake Hopatlong, N.J., Suzuki -82
10. Gray Davenport, Lehi, Utah., Kawasaki – 73
AMA Arenacross Lites Class Western Regional Points (After Race 1 of 10)
1. A.J. Catanzaro, Middlefield, Conn., Kawasaki – 22
2. Cory Green, Nowata, Okla., Kawasaki – 20
3. Ricky Draper, Bellevue, Neb., Honda – 16
4. Jason Hussey, Moscow Mills, Mo., Kawasaki – 15
5. Kyle Hussey, Moscow Mills, Mo., Kawasaki – 12
6. Tanner Moore, Auburn, Kan., KTM – 11
7. Nick Jackson, Zumbrota, Minn., Honda – 10
8. Brandon Jones, Denair, Calif., Kawasaki – 9
9. Parker Eckman, Tustin, Calif., Honda – 8
10. Ryan Eppers, Stephenville, Texas – 7
About Feld Motor Sports(SM)
Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is the world leader in specialized arena and stadium-based motor sports entertainment. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. productions include Monster JamÂ®, SuperBull(SM), Monster Energy Supercross, AMA Arenacross Series, Nuclear Cowboyz(SM), Gravity Slashers(SM), and IHRAÂ® Nitro JamÂ®. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is a division of Feld Entertainment, the world’s largest producer of live family entertainment. For more information on Feld Entertainment, visit www.feldentertainment.com.