Acerbis USA Press Release
On Friday August 20th at 5:45 am, Quinn Cody departed the starting line of the Best in the Desert Vegas to Reno desert race with a goal to complete the “longest off-road race in the United States” solo (his sister Anna soloed the 1000 a couple years ago). The Johnny Campbell Racing Honda and Acerbis-backed racer stated from the beginning that he wasn’t going to try for a win on his first solo Vegas to Reno race, but win he in fact did, and set a new record as the first solo racer to win the overall.
Cody started sixth off the start of the 534 mile race, as he had entered too late to get into a good starting position, but after just 30 miles into the brutally hot and dusty race, he found himself in second place and one minute behind the Jerry Parsons-Anthony Westbay Yamaha team. Cody, aboard his CRF450X outfitted with Acerbis plastics and wearing Acerbis’ new Gambler riding gear, endured the dusty and rough terrain for the next 200 miles until he was able to pass Parson’s Yamaha at the crossing of a massive desert sand wash.
Cody crossed the finish line after 9 hours, 21 minutes and 18 seconds of racing, beating the Parsons/Westbay team by almost 14 minutes. Up next for Quinn Cody is the Dual Euro Scrambles race held in Spangler Hills, California on September 11th.
Results (Motorcycle and ATV)
- Quinn Cody (Honda CRF450X) 9:21:18
- Jerry Parsons/Anthony Westbay (Yamaha WR450F) 9:35:06
- Clint Braun/Jesse Canepa/Robert Patterson (Yamaha WR450F) 9:56:37
- Rex Cameron/Michael Johnson (Honda CRF450X) 9:57:21
- Robert Hunter/TBA (Honda CRF450X) 10:00:01
- Jake Oswald/Bryce Stavron/A.J. Stewart (Honda CRF450X) 10:03:57
- Rex Mike/Zach Mike/Zach Watson (Kawasaki KX450F) 10:21:58
- Greg Stuart/TBA (NA) 10:26:30
- Bill Witt/TBA (NA) 10:33:07
- Garrett Osteen/TBA (NA) 10:40:36
About Acerbis USA
Since 1973, Acerbis’ continued drive for excellence has established the corporation as a world leader in the production of plastic components.
Founded on Franco Acerbis’ vision of combining fine artisan craftsmanship with cutting edge technology, Acerbis provides the highest quality and most innovative solutions in the field.
To learn more visit: www.acerbis.com