Ups And Downs For Jeffrey Herlings At The German Grand Prix

Motocrossplanet News Release

It was a mixed weekend for the factory KTM team's youngest rider, 15-year-old Jeffrey Herlings at round eight of the World Championship Series at Teutschenthal in Germany. He was the fastest qualifier and had a very good start in race one but ultimately had a DNF. He then managed to pick up 13 points in race two to add to his championship tally.

Jeffrey finished in 13th position overall and still sits in fourth position in the World Championship Standings. Next weekend the series will continue at Kegums in Latvia.

Jeffrey Herlings: "I've had three bad race weekends now so I just have to fight back hard and try to get out of the hole," he said. "It was very good for me on Saturday. I won the qualification and I felt good going into today, maybe a little too good. I had a good start but then I got passed by Marvin and I couldn't stick with him. Then I had some technical problems and couldn't finish. I crashed a couple of times in the second moto, which was my own fault but I did manage to get back from eleventh to eighth so I felt good about that."