Ride For The Cure At Cahuilla Creek This Weekend

Okay, who's going out to Cahulla Creek this Saturday, October 2, 2010 for the big Ride For The Cure event? Kawasaki will have a their hospitality rig set up and open to everyone and providing FREE Monster drinks and snacks so the good times keep rolling, Wahoo's is going to be there with food (five bucks gets you lunch), there will be a vendor row for deals on cool products, a bra parade (I think these are usually PG rated, funny affairs), freestyle motocrossers showing their stuff all day long, the main tracks will be open like a regular practice day, a raffle to score free goodies, and best of all your $25 gate fee goes to "Michelle's Place," an organization set up to help women who are fighting a breast cancer diagnosis. For more info on this check out www.mxrideforthecure.com.

The idea is to raise money and awareness of the struggles the disease causes, and to have a great time raising that money and awareness. If anyone is local to Southern California and has never been to Cahuilla Creek, it's a good old fashioned outdoor motocross track, kind of like Glen Helen with the way it gets nicely choppy (you know, like motocross should be), and usually with nice, loamy dirt. It has some fun jumps and nothing unforgiving. The pro-only jumps have always been comfortable to take a novice pace. For track info and directions check out www.cahuillacreekmotocross.com.

I'll be out there for the event and to ride the track. If you see me be sure to come over and ask me how to become a Dirt Rider test rider, or what Jimmy Lewis is really like, or why I say I'm a vet novice in the magazine when I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FAST! (Lindsey Lovell will be there, too, but she'll be going really, really, really, really medium paced).