Fahringer Earns 2nd at OMA Round 2

_KTM News Release
_

Dawson Springs, KY - Husaberg Factory rider Nick Fahringer earned an impressive 2nd place result at the second round of the OMA Nationals.

Fahringer's podium finish at this round marked his best finish of the 2012 season after he struggled to find his ground after recovering from a late-season ACL injury last year. "Each time I race, I continue to improve," remarked Fahringer.

His comment proved true as he got off to a great 2nd place start behind Paul Whibley. "I trailed Whibley for the first lap and then Russell Bobbitt was able to get around me after the scoring barrels. I struggled with a little arm pump on the first few laps which hurt my speed," stated Fahringer.

The Husaberg rider dropped back to 4th in the early laps of the race but after a pit stop on the fourth lap, he picked up the pace and began to catch the lead pack. Fahringer reported, "I was able to reel in Jordan Ashburn for 3rd place on the fifth lap and then set my sights on Bobbitt."

He passed Bobbitt one lap later and began to pull away. Fahringer raced two more laps before crossing the checkered flag and taking 2nd overall for the day.

"It feels great to come out here and get a good finish. It has been a hard nine weeks since returning to racing and I finally feel like it is all coming together again. My physical and mental strength are back as well as my comfort level on the bike. I plan to just keep chipping away until I can grab a win at one of these OMA's. That is my end goal."

Next Round: Barling, AR - April 7-8, 2012
Overall Results -**
1. Paul Whibley
2. Nick Fahringer - HSB
3. Russell Bobbitt
4. Jordan Ashburn
5. Scott Watkins