Bonds Returns Following Summer Break

Bonds Press Release

Bakersfield, Ca: 8/15/11: Bobby Bonds will make his return to the WORCS series following the summer break, except this time on a whole new program and ready to finish out strong for the 2011 season. After a mid-season change Bonds will make his new team debut this weekend at Washougal MX at Round #7 of the 2011 World Off-Road Championship series aboard a R&D Motorsports/TBT Racing/FLY backed 2011 Kawasaki KX450F. Bonds' new program and change builds the confidence that he once carried just 3 years ago when he was crowned the 2008 WORCS Pro Champion on a privateer supported ride.

"I've had quite the past 2 years to say the least. The season started out slow, and I felt it was time to make the switch and finish the season back on privateer status. I want to thank Zip Ty for the support they gave me and I wish their team the best of luck. It was just a personal decision for me and I feel this is what I needed to do", said Bonds Wednesday morning.

Bonds' longtime friend from Taft, Robert Hale of R&D Motorsports' & his current suspension & motor builder Travis Flateu of TBT Racing put together a great ride to secure his efforts for the remainder of the season.

"Jason Reed & I worked tireless hours these past few weeks with Rob & Travis and the rest of my sponsors and they all came together to make this possible. I can't be happier right now to be honest. I'm healthy, I have a great bike, I have a ton of awesome sponsors and I'm ready to turn this career around and get back on track for the remainder of the season. I've always been known to be injury prolonged but one thing you can't take from me is my heart and I'm flat out ready and the fire is fueled again. I want to thank all my sponsors for supporting, and the fans that still stick with me today. I'll see everyone this weekend in Washington." -Bonds

Bonds will race the famous #129 for the remainder of the WORCS series and his National earned #98 at Pala Raceway for the final round of the Lucas Oil Outdoor Motocross series in September.

Bonds' 2011 sponsors include: R&D Motorsports, TBT Racing, JR Publications, Fly Racing, DTI Trucking, SIDI Boots, Maxxis, FMF, WORKS Connection, Trainer Dave, GPR, Dragon Alliance, FLEXX Handlebars, Sunstar, Topar Racing, Jim's Auto Sales, Off-Road Journal, & MGX Unlimited Graphics