Blais Racing Services Rider Kevin Dejongh Takes the Win at California City!

_Blais Racing Services News Release
_

August 6th, 2011
Alta Vista Night Race
California City, CA

By Kevin DeJongh

Last weekend I raced the AVE "Deep Into the Night" race out in California City. I had never raced out there before and had never raced the AVE series either. The race was a 2 hour night race around a 12 mile course. The first bike left the line at 8 PM and the next ones followed in 30 second intervals. I was the 17th bike to leave. Earlier in the day there was a practice lap on the course but I was not able to do it so this was the first time I had seen the course. Right away I saw that the course was going to be very fast, flat and dusty. I blew a lot of corners the first lap but was able to make a lot of passes. The dust got worse and worse every lap and at some points I wasn't even able to see the ground I was riding on. I just kept riding my race and picking off people every lap. When I caught the UTVs is when the dust got really bad and I had a big crash due to the fact I couldn't see. I was able to get up and get going with little time lost. I was able to pass everyone who started ahead of me and take the win on adjusted time buy over a minute. This was my first overall win and it felt really good to finally get one!

Kevin DeJongh on his Blais Racing Services, Kenda, Fasstco, Eline, FMF, KTM 250 XC

Thanks to all of our Blais Racing Services Team Sponsors:
KTM, KENDA, FMF, Bullet Proof Designs, Cycra, Fluidyne Powersports, ESR Suspension, Race Tech, DirtTricks, Alpinestars, IMS, Troy Lee Designs, No Toil, RTT Stabilizers, Pro Moto Billet/ Fastway, BRP, Eline, Asterisk, Rekluse, Muscle Milk, Fasst Co, Scott Goggles & ZLT.

For a look at the latest products available or for engine rebuild/ service work, visit the Blais Racing Services website.

Blais Racing Services offers engine rebuilding and online parts for all your Motorcycle, ATV, & UTV needs. Owned and operated by Chris Blais, former Factory KTM Dakar Rally Racer. We specialize in KTM/ Honda, but can work on anything. I do all of the engine work myself. www.BlaisRacingServices.com

blais racing services, ave, deep into the night, california city, utvs, alta vista night race, team sponsors, kevin dejongh, kenda, fasstco, eline, fmf, ktm 250 xc, news release, dirt rider magazine