Beta Racing Update

Beta Press Release

PASO ROBLES, CA (August 29, 2011) Factory Beta racer Cody Webb had a busy weekend starting with Round 3 of the AMA Endurocross at Indy with a solid 4th and completing the weekend with a 2nd at the inaugural Tennessee Knockout Extreme Enduro.

Friday night's Endurocross started off well with Webb setting the second fastest time in qualifying. Webb then transferred directly to the main event by winning his heat race over Taylor Roberts. The Watsonville, California native felt strong and ready for the night's final event.

"I had a solid night in Indy and felt like a podium contender from the get go. After qualifying 2nd on my 350 RR and winning my heat race I was feeling confident for the main event. I made my way into third and was set to get two thirds in a row, unfortunately I had a bobble on the last lap giving up the inside line and finished fourth. I was happy with the night as a whole, but a little upset with my mistake at the end. Only have to look forward now to the next round in Ontario and once again strive to be back up onto the podium." Webb explained.

Webb was the second fastest qualifier at Indy

Webb, along with his mechanic and trainer Johnny Murphree then travelled to the little town of Sequatchie, Tennessee for the first annual Tennessee Knockout Extreme Enduro. The event was held at the Trials Training Center and was presented by Monster Energy. With its unique knock-out format, riders had to race two different courses in the morning to qualify for the final round. While the course was technical, 2010 Mototrial Champion Webb found the course more physically demanding than expected.

"The knockout took a toll on both my bike and body, but I was still able to come through with a podium finish. I rode well through the morning qualifiers and was in contention for the victory. Unfortunately, I got hung up in the first turn and crashed. I was in dead last and fought my way back up to second. On the last lap I caught up to Mike Brown but couldn't make the pass and had to settle for second.
I was pleased with my results from the weekend and I'm looking forward to achieving my first off road victory for Beta." Webb comments.

More information on the TKO event is here.

Webb at the Tennessee Knockout (photo by Drew Ruiz)

Webb's sponsors include Factory Beta Racing, Dunlop Tires, Kal Gard Lubricants, AXO, Gaerne, Troy Lee Designs, FMF, CV4, Rekluse, Works Connection, TU-Bliss, and DVS.

American Beta is the sole US importer of high quality Beta motorcycles. Beta motorcycles are handcrafted in Florence, Italy offering a complete range of Off Road competition, Dual Sport as well as class-leading Mototrial motorcycles.

For more information go to www.americanbeta.com

webb left view, webb wheelie left view, dirt rider magazine,
webb tennessee knockout, webb tennessee knockout left view, dirt rider magazine,