Kevin Windham: 8
Ricky Carmichael: 4
125cc laps led:
Nathan Ramsey: 8
Ivan Tedesco: 2RACE RECAP
Saturday night was the first time in history that a THQ World Supercross GP/THQ AMA Supercross Series race sold out a month before the gate even dropped. Due to heavy rains, qualifying was condensed as well as the main event. The runner-up in last year’s THQ AMA Supercross Series Kevin Windham, of Baton Rouge, La., won the 250cc main event as 45,050 fans gave him a standing ovation. KTM’s Nathan Ramsey, of Menifee, Calif., won the 125cc Western regional THQ AMA Supercross Series main event.
|THQ World Supercross GP Season Standings|
|1.||Ricky Carmichael||Havana, Fla.||Suzuki|
|2.||Mike LaRocco||Corona, Calif.||Honda|
|3.||Nick Wey||Dewitt, Mich.||Honda|
|4.||Heath Voss||Mico, Texas||Yamaha|
|5.||Damon Huffman||Valencia||Calif., Honda|
|6.||Tyler Evans||Corona, Calif.||Suzuki|
|7.||Kyle Lewis||Henderson, Nev.||Honda|
|8.||Jason Thomas||Melrose, Fla.||Honda|
|9.||Tim Ferry||Largo, Fla.||Yamaha|
|10.||Sebastien Tortelli||Lake Elsinore, Calif.||Suzuki|
|250cc THQ AMA Supercross Series Event Results|
|1.||Kevin Windham||Baton Rouge, La.||Honda|
|2.||Mike LaRocco||Corona, Calif.||Honda|
|3.||Ricky Carmichael||Havana, Fla.||Suzuki|
|4.||Sebastien Tortelli||Lake Elsinore, Calif.||Suzuki|
|5.||James Stewart||Haines City, Fla.||Kawasaki|
|6.||Nick Wey||Dewitt, Mich.||Honda|
|7.||David Vuillemin||Murrieta, Calif.||Yamaha|
|8.||Jeff Gibson||Westerville, Ohio||Honda|
|9.||Ernesto Fonseca||Murrieta, Calif.||Honda|
|10.||Travis Pastrana||Davidsonville, Md.||Suzuki|
|125cc Western Regional THQ AMA Supercross Series Event Results|
|1.||Nathan Ramsey||Menifee, Calif.||KTM|
|2.||Josh Woods||Flint, Mich.||Honda|
|3.||Akira Narita||Corona, Calif.||Honda|
|4.||Thomas Hahn||Belpre, Kan.||Honda|
|5.||Steve Lamson||Camino, Calif.||Honda|
|6.||Ryan Sipes||Nine Grove, Ken.||Suzuki|
|7.||Danny Smith||Middleton, Idaho||Yamaha|
|8.||Ivan Tedesco||Murrieta, Calif.||Kawasaki|
|9.||Brett Metcalfe||Murrieta, Calif.||Yamaha|
|10.||Richie Owens||Wildomar, Calif.||Yamaha|
|125cc Western Regional THQ AMA Supercross Series Season Standings|
|1.||Nathan Ramsey||Menifee, Calif.||KTM||25|
|2.||Josh Woods||Flint, Mich.||Honda||22|
|3.||Akira Narita||Corona, Calif.||Honda||20|
|4.||Thomas Hahn||Belpre, Kan.||Honda||18|
|5.||Steve Lamson||Camino, Calif.||Honda||16|
|6.||Ryan Sipes||Nine Grove, Ken.||Suzuki||15|
|7.||Danny Smith||Middleton, Idaho||Yamaha||14|
|8.||Ivan Tedesco||Murrieta, Calif.||Kawasaki||13|
|9.||Brett Metcalfe||Murrieta, Calif.||Yamaha||12|
|10.||Richie Owens||Wildomar, Calif.||Yamaha||11|
250cc Butterfinger Holeshot Award
Anaheim 1: Ricky Carmichael125cc Butterfinger Holeshot Award
Anaheim 1: Ivan TedescoPast Winners at Bank One Ball Park (BOB)
January 10, 2004: Kevin Windham
January 11, 2003: Ezra Lusk
January 26, 2002: Ricky Carmichael
January 27, 2001: Ricky Carmichael
January 19, 2000: David Vuillemin
January 23, 1999: Jeremy McGrath125cc Supercross
January 10, 2004: Ivan Tedesco
January 11, 2003: James Stewart Jr.
January 26, 2002: James Stewart Jr.
January 27, 2001: Ernesto Fonseca
January 19, 2000: Casey Lytle
January 23, 1999: Nathan RamseyBriefly:
• Suzuki has never won at Bank One Ballpark, Carmichael can become the first rider to do so.
• Reed has finished second at Bank One Ballpark in ’03 & ’04
• Windham’s win at Bank One Ballpark last year broke a 52 race drought.
• Windham can join Carmichael as one of two riders to earn back to back wins at the BOB.
• Honda’s win last weekend broke Yamaha’s five year win streak at the first race of the season.
• Reed’s 16th place finish last weekend at the first domestic race is the second worst for a defending champion.
• Carmichael finished 20th in 2002 at the opening round and won the title.
• There were 12 two-stroke motorcycles in the 250cc main event last weekend and 8 four-strokes.
• For only the 6th time in 162 starts McGrath finished outside the top 10. Mechanical problems forced the 7-time champion to DNF.250cc Notes
• Windham joins Ezra Lusk and David Bailey with 12 250cc supercross wins.
• LaRocco’s 2nd place finish was his 78th-career 250cc supercross podium.
• The last time Windham earned back-to-back wins at a venue was Dallas in ’99 & ’00.
• No rider has won at the BOB on a 125cc and 250cc. Stewart can become the first.
• No Rider has ever won their first 250cc main event at the BOB.
• 15 times in the sport’s history the rider who has won the first two races of the season has gone on to win the title.125cc Notes
• Kawasaki has three consecutive 125cc wins at the BOB.
• Ramsey gave KTM their first win on a 250cc four stroke motorcycle.
• Tedesco and Ramsey can tie. Stewart as two-time winners at the BOB this weekend.
• Casey Lytle won his first and only 125cc supercross race at the BOB in ’00.
• Akira Narita was the first Japanese rider to earn a podium in a 125cc main event last weekend.