Monster Energy Supercross Update
AMA Supercross Class Stats in St. Louis
The first race was held April 27, 1996, and Jeff Emig won on a Kawasaki.
This will be the 15th time the gate will drop for an AMA Supercross class race.
There has never been a first-time winner in St. Louis.
In 1996, Jeff Emig stopped Jeremy McGrath’s win streak at 13, marking the first win on a Kawasaki.
Ricky Carmichael won the last AMA Supercross class race of his career in St. Louis.
Kevin Windham, Chad Reed and Carmichael have won both classes in St. Louis. Davi Millsaps, who won the Lites class in 2006, can join them with a win Saturday night.
Windham won in St. Louis in 1998 and 12 years later he will line up for the main event. This will be the ninth time in his career that he has made it to the 14th race of the season.
AMA Supercross Class Wins by Brand
AMA Supercross Class recap from Houston
Ryan Villopoto earned his seventh AMA Supercross class main event of the season and the ninth of his career. He is now 4th on the Kawasaki win list and one win away from tying Broc Glover and Mike LaRocco on the all-time AMA Supercross win list.
For the first time since the 17th race in 2008, Windham finished second. It was his eighth top 5 of the season and 102nd of his career.
Ivan Tedesco earned his second podium finish of the season.
In Chad Reed’s first race back from injury, he finished fourth, marking the 107th top five finish of his career.
Kawasaki earned their fourth event sweep with Villopoto and Poucel taking home wins in their respective racing divisions.
AMA Supercross Lites Class Stats in St. Louis
The first race was held April 27, 1996, and Kevin Windham won on a Yamaha.
This is the 15th time the gate will drop for an AMA Supercross Lites class race.
Chad Reed gave Yamaha their last win in St. Louis in 2002.
Travis Pastrana is the only rider to win the Lites class in back-to-back years.
At the 14 races in St. Louis, there have been 13 different winners.
AMA Supercross Lites Class Wins by Brand in St. Louis
AMA Supercross Lites Class Recap from Houston
Christophe Pourcel won back-to-back Eastern Regional AMA Supercross Lites class championships.
Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki earned their ninth Eastern Regional AMA Supercross Lites class title. They have a total of 17 Lites class championships.
Pourcel and Mickael Pichon, who is also from France, are the only two riders to win back to back Christophe joins another French rider Mikael Pichon as the only 2 pro circuit riders to win back-to-back Eastern Regional AMA Supercross Lites class championships. Pichon won in ’95 & ’96.
Kawasaki now owns 20 AMA Supercross Lites class championships
AMA Supercross Laps Led
Ryan Villopoto 118
Ryan Dungey 94
Davi Millsaps 18
Kevin Windham 9
James Stewart 8
Josh Hill 8
Nicholas Wey 2
Davi Millsaps 2
Trey Canard 1
AMA Supercross Lites Class Laps Led
Christophe Pourcel 50
Jake Weimer 47
Trey Canard 29
Justin Barcia 15
Ryan Sipes 13
Blake Wharton 12
Austin Stroupe 9
Dean Wilson 8
Brett Metcalfe 6
Blake Baggett 2
Ryan Morais 1
Wil A. Hahn 1
SPIKE Holeshot Award (AMA Supercross Class)
Ryan Dungey (Anaheim 1)
Ryan Dungey (Phoenix)
Austin Stroupe (Anaheim 2)
Ryan Dungey (San Francisco)
Nicholas Wey (San Diego)
Ryan Villopoto (Anaheim 3)
Davi Millsaps (Indianapolis)
Ryan Dungey (Atlanta)
Trey Canard (Toronto)
Nicholas Wey (Arlington)
Ivan Tedesco (Jacksonville)
Ryan Villopoto (Houston)
SPIKE Holeshot Award (AMA Supercross Lites Class)
Jake Weimer (Anaheim 1)
Josh Hansen (Phoenix)
Josh Hansen (Anaheim 2)
Cole Seely (San Francisco)
Trey Canard (San Diego)
Tommy Hahn (Anaheim 3)
Justin Barcia (Indianapolis)
Dean Wilson (Atlanta)
Justin Barcia (Toronto)
Ryan Sipes (Arlington)
Kelly Smith (Jacksonville)
Blake Baggett (Houston)
MMI Top Tech Award
Mike Gosselaar (Anaheim 1)
Rene Zapata (Phoenix)
Jason Snow (Anaheim 2)
Brent Myron (San Francisco)
Rich Simmons (San Diego)
Dave Feeny (Anaheim 3)
Mike Williamson (Indianapolis)
Kyle Bentley (Atlanta)
Patrick Barker (Toronto)
Jesse Black (Arlington)
Mike Williamson (Jacksonville)
Kyle Bentley (Houston)
Asterisk Medic Card
Antonio Balbi (Anaheim 1)
Hunter Hewitt (Phoenix)
Hugo Dagod (Anaheim 2)
Robert Kiniry (San Francisco)
Jake Canada (San Diego)
Tommy R. Weeck (Anaheim 3)
Darryn L. Durham (Indianapolis)
Justin M. Sipes (Atlanta)
Kyle Keylon (Toronto)
Kyle B. Cunningham (Arlington)
Ryan Sipes (Jacksonville)
Tevin N. Tapia (Houston)
AMA Supercross Class Results: Houston
1. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki
2. Kevin Windham, Centerville, Miss., Honda
3. Ivan Tedesco, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha
4. Chad Reed, Tampa, Fla., Kawasaki
5. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki
6. Tommy Hahn, Alvord, Texas, Suzuki
7. Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Honda
8. Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, Honda
9. Justin Brayton, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha
10. Josh Hill, Carlsbad, Calif., Yamaha
AMA Supercross Class Season Standings
1. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki, 277
2. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki, 265
3. Josh Hill, Carlsbad, Calif., Yamaha, 217
4. Davi Millsaps, Murrieta, Calif., Honda, 203
5. Kevin Windham, Centerville, Miss., Honda, 201
6. Ivan Tedesco, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha, 179
7. Justin Brayton, Murrieta, Calif., Yamaha, 176
8. Nick Wey, Murrieta, Calif., Kawasaki, 141
9. Tommy Hahn, Alvord, Texas, Suzuki, 128
10. Kyle Chisholm, Valrico, Fla., Yamaha, 123
Eastern Regional AMA Supercross Lites Class Results: Houston
1. Christophe Pourcel, Groveland, Fla., Kawasaki
2. Blake Baggett, Grand Terrace, Calif., Suzuki
3. Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda
4. Brett Metcalfe, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Honda
5. Martin Davalos, Cairo, Ga., Yamaha
6. Kyle Cunningham, Fort Worth, Texas, Honda
7. Ryan Sipes, Vine Grove, Ky., Yamaha
8. Jimmy Decotis, Peabody, Mass., Honda
9. Dean Wilson, San Jacinto, Calif., Kawasaki
10. Troy Adams, Homosassa, Fla., Suzuki
Eastern Regional AMA Supercross Lites Class Season Standings
1. Christophe Pourcel, Groveland, Fla., Kawasaki, 159
2. Austin Stroupe, Lincolnton, N.C., Suzuki, 126
3. Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda, 122
4. Brett Metcalfe, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Honda, 113
5. Blake Baggett, Grand Terrace, Calif., Suzuki, 102
6. Ryan Sipes, Vine Grove, Ky., Yamaha, 91
7. Dean Wilson, San Jacinto, Calif., Kawasaki, 83
8. Kyle Cunningham, Fort Worth, Texas, Honda, 69
9. Martin Davalos, Cairo, Ga., Yamaha, 65
10. Troy Adams, Homosassa, Fla., Suzuki, 58